Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Lets Draw

My book, Drawing for the Absolute Beginner by Willenbrink has taught me a lot of drawing lessons that I didnt know before. I still have a lot of mistakes in my drawings, but with more observation and practice I will develop better drawing skills each time I draw.

I decided to draw still life for this last post. From Hannahs post, I learned that still life is any "inanimate object"(Sketching a Still Life by Hannah Lin). Still life objects help with observing the play of light and shadows (92). I decided to draw fruits, apples and bananas. For this drawing I used 4B, HB, and 6B pencils.


First I did the basic structure of apples and bananas.
I showed where the brightest spots(on apples) are going to be and the shadows.
Then, I added value to apples and I used 4B and HB pencils for this.
Next, I added some depth to bananas by making darker lines in the middle. This adds more dimension. I also added shadows to apples and bananas. Closer to the apple is the darkest spots of the shadow and lightest spots are farther from the apple.

 
 
Here is my finished drawing, I added more depth and value to it. I really enjoyed drawing this even though it were some boring fruits. I learned how to add depth and value to the drawing so it would look realistic.

What are the most hardest skills for you to achieve and why?
What are your favorite still life objects are and that you like to draw?


No comments:

Post a Comment