Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Its The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Dear friends,

I know it isnt Christmas already but I cant help it! When December comes all I can think is Christmas, presents, snow, hot chocolate and making people I love smile :) Is that bad?! I think not!
Now I hate lists but once in a while they come in handy so you will remember the things you need to do/buy and around this season they truly do wonders ;)
And when I found this lovely Christmas To Do List  I could not help smiling :) I hope this will make you smile as well, my dear friends :)
Now what we need to make sure in this festive holiday is that we do not transform ourselves into Scrooges or Grinchs and steal away Christmas. Now I know that for some of you Christmas is all about presents and Santa Claus and Christmas tree and carols and pudding and mistletoe... but in fact the thing we forget each year is the fact that Christmas is a season of love. Why Love?! Well hello there, young lad/lass... but I think you forget yourself! Christmas is prolonged name from Christ and guess what?! Christ was born and we are celebrating his coming on this earth. And for sure we should be happy about that!
Now I know some of you do not believe in God - or are of other faith - and I respect that and believe that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. But sometimes it is hard to see how this time of year - the most wonderful time of the year, as the song says... - falling into the hands of time and age... People working around to get more money to spend on the presents (be it even for the ones they love!) that will never be enough. You will never have the newest and fanciest toy as something better will come up! Even on Christmas Day! And let us say you will buy the latest iPhone for your boy and on Christmas Day you find out that they just released the new model... bummers! now what?! And what will happen if his friend from school will have something better (as his/her parents can afford more than you do?!)... Jealousy and hate... bottling up for no reason... and what do we truly need? Do you need that iPhone? Do you need that computer game? Do you need that latest model of sports car? Or do you just wish to be on top of the world and hip and trendy and cool, like the others?
I prefer my Decembers - and of course my Christmas - quiet, next to the ones I love. Listening carols (and maybe even singing them, if I am in the right mood, with the right people...) and sitting by the fire... sipping a hot choco with maybe a few marshmallows on top... decorating the Christmas tree and being happy that I have my family and my fiance close by... watching the snow fall down and feeling snowflakes melt in my open palm... maybe even doing an angel in the snow or making a Snowman and running home fast to get warm... watching Love Actually (perfect movie for anytime, especially Christmas) or maybe doing a Harry Potter marathon... I think that it is either I am getting older or I am getting wiser (or both, or none) but I feel no need for presents this year... and it feels odd!
“I wonder if the snow loves the trees and fields, that it kisses them so gently? And then it covers them up snug, you know, with a white quilt; and perhaps it says "Go to sleep, darlings, till the summer comes again.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alices Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass

Yours truly,
The December Loving LadyBug

No comments:

Post a Comment